SERVES 1 | PREP TIME 4 MIN
Vegan-Friendly. Plant-Based Golden Drink. Healthy Hot Drink. Gluten-Free. Refined Sugar-Free. Creamy and Comforting (as a snack or quick *but healthy* dessert)
- 2 cup of almond milk (no added sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of organic / bio turmeric
- 1.2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- maple syrup (or honey) – if you prefer
How to make:
- Add all the ingredients, with the exception of the maple syrup or honey, in a pan over medium-high heat, and stir slowly until reaching the desired temperature. Add the maple (or honey) at the end.
- You can decorate your drink if you want. If you have an electric milkshake (or barista machine), which froths on top of drinks, you can add some almond milk to the machine and once you’re done, put it on top of the drink of the Gods. Add cinnamon to make it even more beautiful. Enjoy!
How to make almond milk:
I love homemade almond milk. By the way, any vegetable milk made at home. It is healthier and more flavorful than the vegetal drinks I buy at the supermarket. When buying milk of vegetable origin at the supermarket, pay attention to the list of ingredients. It is common to have refined sugars, natural aromas or vegetable oils harmful to your health!
- 1 cup of activated almonds
- 3 or 4 cups of filtered water
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
How to make:
- Place the almonds in a bowl and cover them with a few centimeters of water
- Leave the almonds to thresh overnight (approximately 8 to 10 hours). For a faster activation method, place the almonds in boiling water for 1 hour
- Place the drained almonds in a blender with the filtered water and maple syrup. Mix at full speed for 1 minute
- Place a “nut milk bag” over a large bowl and slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag. Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to remove the milk
- Add cinnamon to taste
- Use a funnel and pour the milk into a large glass jar. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. Shake the jar well before consuming, as the mixture separates when resting.
This is a healthier and cheaper version of the traditional vegetable milks on the market. The time to make the milk at home is 10h and 4 min.
Beautiful, it’s all about balance. Golden Milk is a traditional Indian drink that has its roots in Ayurveda. It is about bringing the body back into a natural state of dynamic equilibrium. And this beautiful golden, magical, ultimate hot drhink not only kicks decades of dietary dogma to the curb, but is a great daily insurance policy that you can easily start right now.
I would love to hear from you, so please tag me @sarabrites on social media. Please also leave me a comment below (I read every single one!). If you explore my social media, aka Instagram, please tell me what you want more of! I am at your service.
P.S. Always listen to your intuition (and your doctor or practitioner) before trying any new health practice.